Friday, February 28, 2014

ART PROMPT - #6 – Use rubber stamps


Not much accomplished in the studio this week.  (I always want to say sewing room or workshop, it feels weird saying "studio").  What do you call your work space?

But a lot of other things going on.  The Northern Ontario Fibre Artists hung our second show of "A Journey in Thread" at the Classic Theatre in Cobalt.  Will try to get some photos to post.

I have found a photo for inspiration for Art Prompt #6. I took this picture during a painting session in Walter Pape's garden, during a Cobalt Artist Colony, a few years ago.
Hoping I can do it justice!

Clematis photo inspiration
I've got my stamps ready. I already had the clematis stamp carved so it was just a matter of getting some leaves stamps done.

carved stamps
I need to experiment on fabric and see what kind of paint will work best.

need practice stamping
I also want to quilt and/or thread paint once the stamping is done.

I have no idea what I am doing, so wish me luck.


See you next week,

Terry


NEXT ART PROMPT - #6 – Use rubber stamps

HERE'S MY PLAN

One prompt, one project (taking as long as required to finish the project)

It's OK to finish a previously started project (UFO)

Make something creative.

Use any Media.

Blog about the project every Friday.

Pick a prompt for the next week once the project is done.




1 comment:

Jo Ferguson said...

In my head I think "studio", when I open my mouth I say "I'm going to spend time in my room". Maybe it's because "my room" is quite small and, for some unknown reason, I think of a studio as being big. Whatever the reason I feel lucky to have a dedicated space to call my own. Now on to your stamps (I've yet to carve my own). I really like the images your getting, with yours. I'm looking forward to seeing how the clematis turns out.