Friday, January 31, 2014

ART PROMPT # 4 (using any kind of ink)




Birds on Halifax Boardwalk - work in Progress 

work in progress - sandwiched, ready for quilting

Wow! Friday already.

This has been a really busy week and my project is not finished.

The rules are changing already. I don't want to make something just for the sake of making it by using the art prompts.

#1 - I want to enjoy what I do, so the project for one prompt may be the same for 2 or 3 or more weeks, whatever it takes. I will post Work in Progress every Friday until done.

#2 – I can finish a UFO, it doesn't have to be a new project each time.

This week's prompts was using ink and I had this project already painted with Tsukineko inks.

This was a project I started in a class with Pat Blair in 2012.  See here  and here 

painted during workshop - this was my second project

I finished the ink painting after getting home and it has just been sitting around since.

painted and trimmed
I added a little skinny border in orange and then auditioned more border fabrics.

auditioning for borders - didn't like this (see borders above)
I now have sandwiched it and it's ready for quilting.

This is my original photo. I don't know these birds name. Anyone?

anyone know what these birds are called?????
See you next week,

Linking to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday


NEXT WEEK'S ART PROMPT - # 4 – USE ANY KIND OF INK

New Rules

One prompt, one project (taking as long as required to finish the project)

It's OK to finish a previously started project (UFO)

Make something creative.

Use any Media.

Blog about the project every Friday.

Pick a prompt for the next week once the project is done.


ANYONE WANT TO PLAY ALONG????

IF YOU DO:

  • BLOG ABOUT
  • LEAVE A NOTE IN MY COMMENTS ON MY FRIDAY POST – INCLUDING YOUR BLOG ADDRESS – (of the actual blog post, please)

OR
  • IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A BLOG, SEND ME A PICTURE OF YOUR PROJECT BEFORE THE FOLLOWING FRIDAY AND I WILL POST IT ON MY BLOG – todayinkenogami@gmail.com



Let's get creative,

Terry

No comments: