Last year, I took part in the Free Motion Quilting Challenge at Insights from SewCalGa and in the process ended up with lots of “samples”.
What a shame not to use them for something!
So, this is a book cover made from the Tiles challenge by Angela Walters. The quilting design in the tile is Leah Day's design "H2O"
Here's what I used, minus the small blue scrap which I did not need.
I measured the book and added seam allowances. I cut the quilted portion longer so that it would turn in about one inch on the inside covers. Added extensions and turned under.
|Extensions on book cover|
|Quilted book cover|
I like to use binders to store instructions, class information, etc.
Here's three different options I used to make binder covers: orphan blocks, pieced strips left-over from making a quilt, even placemats.
|Left over strips|
|Made from placemats|
|cut to fit|
Linking up to The Needle and Thread Network WIP Wednesday, all Canadian blogs!