Tuesday, May 29, 2012

One Step at a Time


Quilt #89
One Step at a Time

I made this quilt while teaching my first Mystery Class, in 1995 when mystery classes were very popular.
Sawtooth Star and Square-in-a-Square Blocks

I used two traditional blocks, Sawtooth Star and Square-in-a-Square and added four borders, with the second one being a sawtooth made up of half-square triangles.

borders, binding and quilting

Only four fabrics were used for this quilt, I very seldom make quilts using so few fabrics.

One of the fabric was a Jinny Beyer print and I was very disappointed to see it really faded when the other fabrics did not.

For the back, I stitched 5 panels of the 2 pink fabrics that was used on the front. 

back
 The long arm quilting pattern used here is called Tassels and was quilted by Marnie Mascioli of Calico Cat Quilting.
back- detail of quilting

label

This quilt was a long time getting finished and longer still getting quilted and the reason why I name it One Step at a Time.

That's all for now.

Terry




Quilt Name: One Step at a Time
Description: Alternating blocks stars and square-in-a-square surrounded by four borders, 3 plain and one sawtooth border
Pattern: Sawtooth Star and Square-in-a-Square.
Size: 100” wide x 92” high
Fabrics: 100% cotton
Predominant colours: Pink, blue, navy, black
Construction Techniques:piecing
Back: 100% cotton
Batting: Hobbs 80/20
Edge finish: Double fold french binding
Quilting: Long arm machine quilted – pattern is Tassels
Quilted by: Marnie Mascioli from Calico Cat Quilting
Sleeve: No
Label: Yes
Date completed: 2005
Quilt History: This quilt was displayed in the Kirkland Lake Mile of Gold Quilter's Guild Annual Quilt Show in May 2006
Maker: Terry Whyte

1 comment:

Dar said...

I like this quilt and the colors you used. I'm sorry the fabric faded a bit. I especially like 2 block quilt patterns. They usually are easy to construct yet look complicated. I am still impressed with the documentation you do on each finished quilt. I plan to start this on my next quilt and may go back and see if I can remember most of the info on older ones. thanks for sharing.