So, here is another Journal Quilt, this one a sampler of stitches and beads.
This was my first attempt at using beads. I tried different arrangement, sometimes using the fabric as inspiration.
- Stitched strips of batik together, cut diagonally to make squares
- Squares were spray-glued to a backing fabric and zigzaged together to avoid seam allowances and make it easier to hand stitch
- Used variety of threads, stitches and beads.
- Minimal machine quilting was done to avoid stitching over beads.
- Left-over strips stitched to a piece of batik
- I like how a few simple stitches and/or beads can change the look of the fabric, make it look more complicated than it is
- Would be easier to quilt first and then add beading.
Date Made - August 8, 2006
Maker – Terry Whyte